Theatre Related Day Job (Marketing and PR Intern):Chicago Opera Theater is currently seeking a detail-oriented and motivated Public Relations and Marketing Intern for the summer semester. We are looking for someone who can work a flexible schedule (approximately 15-25 hours a week) during the months of July and August (term of the internship may be extended if desired).Intern Responsibilities will include:This is all I know about this; caveat actor.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Researching local and national media outlets
- Developing and maintaining press lists
- Researching opera press coverage
- Writing and distributing press materials
- Assisting with media planning
- Researching prospective advertisers and advertising strategies
- Developing and/or updating various marketing material including eNotes, Chicago Opera Theater's e-mail newsletter.
- Collecting and organizing media clippings
- General administrative support
If you are interested in this internship, please send a cover letter, resume and writing sample to:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Internet Research skills
- Strong interest in non-profit and performing arts (classical music and opera a plus)
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in marketing and public relations
- Good knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Word and ExcelChicago Opera TheaterFor more information about Chicago Opera Theater, please visit our website at www.chicagooperatheater.org.
Attn: Jamie Jorgensen
70 E. Lake St., Suite 540
Chicago, IL 60601
Fax: (312) 704-8421
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE!
Labels: day job