We are looking for a House Manager position for DCA (Dept. of Cultural Affairs) Theater. Please see below for full details. The pay is $10.00/hour.
Please send resumes to Amanda Friedberg via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (312) 744-9249.
Storefront Theater, the state-of-the-art 99-seat black box theater locating in the Galley 37 Center for the Arts, is seeking highly motivated individuals with flexible evening and weekend hours to join its House Management team. Under direction of the Theater Coordinator, the House Management staff is responsible for overseeing all daily front of house operations, and performs related duties as required.
Job responsibilities include:
- available for rotating evening and weekend hours
- must work four hours per shift (typically, 6 - 10 pm Thursdays through Saturdays and 1 - 5pm Sundays)
Candidate must also be conscientious of safety and building regulations, and must communicate appropriately with the stage manager and box office manager prior to show time to ensure timeliness of each performance.
- set-up and cleanup of theater lobby
- light housekeeping duties in the theater
- ushering of patrons into the theater
- coordination of reserved and late seating
- supervision of volunteer ushers
Training and Experience:
Qualified individual must have excellent customer service skills and some previous experience in theater arts. Applicants must also reside in the City of Chicago. Pay is $10 per hour.
This is all I know about this; caveat actor.
or subscribe to the feed