Monday, July 28, 2003

 
Tinder Box, a book about a real Chicago theatre tragedy, was reviewed yesterday:
...the Iroquois Theatre disaster of 1903, remains a quick, topical and disturbing read. Almost 600 people died - most of them women and children - when a malfunctioning spotlight ignited a piece of scenery during the matinee performance of 'Mr. Bluebeard' on Dec. 30, 1903. It was the worst single disaster in the history of the American stage, and perhaps the deadliest single-building fire in U.S. history
(from Honolulu Star-Bulletin). Buy the book here.

Follow me on Twitter or subscribe to the feed


Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home